HOW DO WE ESTIMATE THE COST?
If you have chosen to use full service moving company, then it is important to understand how
the moving price is formed. Even if you and your next neighbor were moving to one and the
same area, each of you would pay a different sum in the end because you would have a different
number and nature of items for transportation and you would request different extra services
depending on your individual needs and preferences. JUWA Movers will estimate the cost of
your move based on the following factors:
Distance to your final destination
The greater the mileage, the more fuel will be used, the more road tolls will be paid, etc.
Total weight of your items to be moved
The equation is simple; many household items = lots of used up space = larger moving truck =
more fuel needed.
The time taken loading, transporting(whether peak or off-peak) and unloading varies.
Number of movers
The more helping hands, the faster the moving job gets done.
Unless you are able to secure up enough free boxes for your move, the moving company will
have to plan on purchasing moving supplies. These could include; cardboard boxes, plastic bins,
bubble wrap, packing paper and any other supplies needed for the move.
Complexity of the job
Special handling requirements and particular obstacles necessitate more effort and longer time to
complete strenuous procedures.
Required additional services
The following are examples of services which may add to the cost of the move:
- Loading or unloading bulky articles (motorcycles, sheds, cars, hot tubs, pianos, pool
tables, freezers, cash safes, etc.)
- Shuttle services between the truck and the residence, when needed
- Carrying items long distances
- Using stairs or elevators in some circumstances
- Going into hard to reach spaces (attics, basements, etc.)
- Movers may also hire a third party to perform certain services, and those charges will be
added to the cost of the move.
- Remember to be on time or you may pay additional charges
- Moving in peak season or on national holidays, deciding on a moving date during the
weekend or at the end of the month, among others.